awkwordly

all hearthfires & holocausts

eating books. bleeding words.

Wonder
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
Undying (Undying, #1)
Cyndy Aleo
On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta This will be another review along the lines of the one I did for Saving Francesca where I have absolutely nothing of use to say except THIS IS FANTASTIC, PLEASE READ IT. It's an intensely emotional journey--one that hit me on a wide spectrum of feelings--but so beautifully crafted with characters that came alive for me. I laughed and smiled and cried for them, felt them carve their way into my heart. By the end I was clutching my chest and smiling through my tears, and it was worth every moment I spent feeling as though my heart was going to crash right out of my chest and smash to pieces on the floor. I will warn that the beginning is very confusing--and is so for quite a bit of the book. I would encourage readers to just push through. If you read to absorb rather than try to figure it out, it becomes easier. All is answered (and though it takes quite a bit, answered at the right time in my opinion) and by the time you get to the end, you won't care about how confusing the beginning was--and you'll know why it had to be that way. Beautifully and uniquely written story. I don't know why Marchetta isn't more popular than she is. The two books I've read in the last two days have left me in awe, and I can't wait to read the rest of her work.